This is a Moroccan spice mixture to add to coffee.
Makes: 1/3 cup
- 2 whole nutmegs (about 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg)
- 4 blades cinnamon (about 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 6 to 8 dried rosebuds
- 12 whole cloves (about 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves)
- 1/8 teaspoon gum arabic
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 pieces of galingale* (about 1/2 teaspoon ground galingale)
- 2 allspice berries (about 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 blades mace (about 1/2 teaspoon ground mace)
- 15 white or green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine the spices in an electric spice grinder or blender.
- Sieve and bottle carefully to preserve the freshness.